Jobs at MACC
As MACC grows in student numbers, our College staff will continue to increase.
Mount Annan Christian College is a rapidly growing and developing Independent Prep –Year 12 School in South West Sydney with a projected enrolment of over 1000 students for 2024.
The College is currently executing its strategic and masterplan which will see extensive further developments and growth over the coming years.
MACC prides itself on being an active and vital part of the Macarthur Community, we are a Christ-centred school and a school of excellence. We are active members of Christian Schools Australia and the Association of Independent Schools. MACC works closely with our families and provides a wide range of incentives and initiatives to make this privileged career fulfilling and rewarding.
If you are a person with a love and passion for young people and are excited at the prospect of impacting the next generation of young Australians, then MACC could be the place for you.
The best evidence of this is to talk to our existing staff and families.
What our staff say
“Mount Annan Christian College is a workplace like no other. I have seen significant, positive growth over the last five years; we are heading in a wonderful direction. As a staff member, I feel supported, encouraged and I love that my students’ achievements are regularly, and genuinely celebrated by the whole College community. Our students are a brilliant group of young people, and I feel very honoured to get to work with them daily. Our facilities are fantastic here and have allowed for growth of the College. Staff input and suggestions are not only heard, but are encouraged, to ensure MACC is the best learning environment”.
“At MACC there is a strong sense of community – a partnership that is fostered between students, parents and teachers. It is this true community that ensures the wellbeing of students and staff. The staff at MACC aim to ensure each student experiences the love, respect and acceptance expressed throughout the Bible”.
One Heart, One Vision
Some of the benefits of working at MACC are listed below:
Why work at MACC
- Staff Study Assistance – financial support for approved studies
- Teacher accreditation support
- Internal and external professional development opportunities with industry leaders
- Access to resources and professional development from various professional associations including Association of Independent Schools and Christian Schools Australia
- CPR Annual Refresher and First Aid Training
- Range of leadership opportunities
Health and Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Free Counselling Service
- On-site Café, free barista made coffee daily
- Free yearly Influenza vaccinations
- Social Activities and staff celebrations
- Staff Induction and Mentoring Programs
- Exceptional facilities including a staff lounge and wellbeing space
- Supportive Christian environment
- Beautiful campus situated on 37 acres of semi-rural land
- Catered morning teas and lunches for special events
Financial Options and Benefits
- Competitive Salaries
- Options for Salary Packaging
- Voluntary Superannuation Contributions
- Financial support for approved studies
Discount on College Fees for Staff Children
After School Care Options
- College provided laptop for teaching staff and ICT Support
- One Heart One Vision – all staff together in one building to support interdisciplinary collaboration
Current Positions Available
Secondary (Year 7-12) Learning Support Teacher ǀ Full Time Permanent
Commencing Term 1 2024
Mount Annan Christian College offers teachers and leaders the opportunity to further develop as professionals and work in a school that has grown to be among the very best. The College has achieved a well-deserved reputation for not only graduating great students but developing great teachers and educational leaders.
Due to the growth of the College, we are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and enthusiastic Learning Support teacher to assist students and teaching staff in Secondary. Suitably qualified professionals who have enthusiasm for and/or experience in working with students with diverse learning needs are invited to apply for the position. More specifically, it will be advantageous if the successful candidate has experience with assessments and intervention programs such as YARC and MultiLit. Knowledge of the NCCD, the multi-tiered system of support and the universal design for learning is also beneficial. The ideal applicant will have a dynamic proactive approach to teaching, immersion into College life and enthusiasm for supporting young people from Year 7-12.
Responsible to the Learning Support Coordinator and Head of Secondary under the direction of the Headmaster.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Provide input into programs to meet the physical, emotional, social and intellectual needs of the children
- Provide rich, stimulating, age appropriate experiences that promote, encourage and foster a sense of curiosity, learning and independence
- Participate in and contribute to the development, evaluation and reflection of the programme, including documentation in journals, day books and projects in line with the Teachers Program
- Collaborate with teachers to adjust classroom programs and develop a team teaching model in classes in order to meet the learning needs of these students
- Provide resources and information for teachers with students with special needs in their classes
- Contribute to the NCCD process, particularly around moderation and collection of evidence
- Exhibit well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with students, parents, staff and outside agencies
- Be responsible for assessing individual student needs, designing and facilitating the implementation of Individual Plans, communicating with parents and supporting classroom teachers to assist all students to reach their full potential
- Write and update IEPs for students in consultation with class teachers, relevant specialists, parents and Year Advisors
- Perform, relevant testing (YARC, S.A. Spelling and benchmarks)
- Present appropriate tertiary qualifications, including Special Education qualification and/or experience in the Learning Support area
- Assent to the College’s Statement of Faith
A current WWCC approval number is required.
Applicants must be committed Christians with an active involvement in a local church.
Applicants should register their interest by submitting a cover letter to the Headmaster, outlining their motivation and experience; resume; completed Teacher Application Form (found below) and certified copies of qualifications.
CV’s and a College application form should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the Secondary Learning Support Teacher position close 4.00pm Friday 6th October 2023.
Primary & Secondary Casual Teaching Positions
Mount Annan Christian College is seeking qualified, passionate, engaging, innovative and dynamic Primary and Secondary School Teachers to join our Casual Teaching Register.
About Mount Annan Christian College:
Mount Annan Christian College (MACC) is a co-educational Prep to Year 12 Christian College in the Macarthur region. MACC is highly valued for its nurturing, caring community, and is recognised as a leader in the implementation of innovation in education, with a focus on developing the potential within each child and positioning them for lives of purpose.
Reports to: Head of Primary | Head of Secondary
Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate will be a reliable and enthusiastic person looking to impact on the role with excellent communication skills.
- Recognised accreditation / registration with NESA and evidence of these criteria should be included in your application.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking, demonstrating a willingness to learn, take initiative, have a positive attitude, be flexible.
- A committed Christian with a strong understanding of their faith.
- Ability to assent to the School’s Statement of Faith.
- Applicants must have a Working With Children number for NSW.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should complete a College application form which can be found below
- Submit the College application form with your CV, professional references and cover letter.
- Submit your application to the Head of Operations at email@example.com
- For further information about the position contact the Head of Operations on (02) 46347474
- Child Protection screening procedures apply. A current First Aid Certificate is required and should be included in your application
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have current teacher’s registration in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a secondary school teacher?
How to apply
If you are interested in being a part of our dedicated staff team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any positions currently available will be advertised above.