Mount Annan Christian College is pleased to offer Academic Scholarships in Years 7, 9 and 11. These are awarded on merit, based on the results of the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) Scholarship Selection Testing Program.
Students in Years 6, 8 and 10 are eligible to sit for a scholarship, with a view to an awarded scholarship taking effect from the beginning of Year 7, 9 or 11 in the following Year. A successful scholarship recipient will be awarded an academic scholarship to the value of 100% level discount on the tuition and Student Expenses component of the College fees.
Awarded scholarships will apply for the remainder of the student’s education as long as appropriate academic and behavioural standards are maintained. If a student withdraws from Mount Annan Christian College before the completion of their Scholarships then the full Scholarship may be required to be paid back.
Applications to sit the Scholarship Selection Test can only be made online via our website. When submitting a registration online a fee of $120.00 must accompany each application. If you are registering for more than one school a registration fee applies to each school.
All Candidates are required to provide the following additional information to Mount Annan Christian College:
- Supporting Statement Candidates are asked to write a short passage in support of their application for a Scholarship. Why should I be granted this Scholarship? Please include details of any special circumstances that might not be apparent from other information being supplied.
- Hobbies/Interests Candidates are asked to write a short passage indicating what their favourite hobbies and interests are.
- Referees Candidates are asked to provide two character references.
- Extra Candidate and Family Information Candidates are asked to indicate if they have been offered a Scholarship at another school, whether they have siblings, what schools their siblings attend, and the country of birth of the candidate. Candidates are also asked about their enrolment status with the school(s) applied for. Please note that Mount Annan Christian College is not currently registered to receive overseas students. All Candidates must therefore be Australian citizens.
- Enrolment Booklet Candidates are required to fill out a Mount Annan Christian Scholarship Enrolment Booklet, which must be returned to the College office within 5 days of the online application.
Applicants will need a Scholarship pack available by calling 02 4634 7474 or email the Community Engagement Officer: email@example.com for more information.
The Board of Directors and Headmaster will also consider any supporting material such as school reports, NAPLAN test results or other academic information that may be available, such as results in the annual competitions in English, Mathematics, etc.
To be fully assessed for a scholarship, candidates need to supply this additional information as soon as possible after registering for the Scholarship Test. Please send this directly to the College Registrar with a covering Letter. Please see the ACER website for more information and tips on sitting these tests.
DETAILS OF TESTING
The scholarship examinations will be held at Mount Annan Christian College, 347 Narellan Road, Mount Annan.
Online applications are now open. The final day for application is on the 5th of February 2019. The test will be held on Saturday the 23rd of February, 2019.
- Level 1 designed for students to sit the exam in their final year of Primary School, for entry into first year of Secondary School (Year 7).
- Level 2 designed for students to sit the exam during their second year of Secondary School, for entry into third year of Secondary School (Year 9).
- Level 3 designed for students to sit the exam in Year 10 for entry into Year 11.
We may offer sporting and academic scholarships with our students excelling in areas of academia, sport, creative and musical arts, agriculture, citizenship, and innovation with STEM-Education subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).