Jobs at MACC
As MACC grows in student numbers, our College staff will continue to increase.
If you are interested in being a part of our dedicated staff team, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Any positions currently available will be advertised below.
PRIMARY & SECONDARY CASUAL TEACHING POSITIONS
Mount Annan Christian College
About Mount Annan Christian College:
Mount Annan Christian College (MACC) is a co-educational Prep to Year 12 Christian College in the Macarthur region. MACC is highly valued for its nurturing, caring community, and is recognised as a leader in the implementation of innovation in education, with a focus on developing the potential within each child and positioning them for lives of purpose.
Reports to: Head of Primary | Head of Secondary
Skills and Attributes:
The successful candidate will be a reliable and enthusiastic person looking to impact on the role with excellent communication skills.
- Recognised accreditation / registration with NESA and evidence of these criteria should be included in your application.
- Enthusiastic and hardworking, demonstrating a willingness to learn, take initiative, have a positive attitude, be flexible.
- A committed Christian with a strong understanding of their faith.
- Ability to assent to the School’s Statement of Faith.
- Applicants must have a Working With Children number for NSW.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should complete a College application form which can be found on the website @ http://employment.macc.nsw.edu.au.
- Submit the College application form with your CV, professional references and cover letter.
- Submit your application to the Head of Operations @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further information about the position contact the Head of Operations on (02) 46347474
- Child Protection screening procedures apply. A current First Aid Certificate is required and should be included in your application
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have current teacher’s registration in Australia?
- Have you completed a qualification in teaching?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a secondary school teacher?
HSIE Coordinator (7-12) Full Time Permanent
Commencing Term 1 2020
Mount Annan Christian College offers teachers and leaders the opportunity to further develop as professionals and work in a school that has grown to be among the very best. The College has achieved a well-deserved reputation for not only graduating great students but developing great teachers and educational leaders.
Due to the growth of the College, we are seeking to appoint an energetic and collaborative professional to lead the HSIE Faculty into its next phase of development. Suitably qualified professionals who have current Stage 6 Geography experience and experience in either Business Studies or Legal Studies are invited to apply. The ideal applicant will have a dynamic proactive approach to teaching, immersion into College life, enthusiasm for teaching young people, with professional values and experience in the subject area to the HSC level.
MACC is an innovative College and as such encourages initiatives and implementation of new programs. This position reports to the Head of Secondary and commences at the start of Term 1, 2020.
Key Selection Criteria
- Lead and manage the HSIE Faculty including, modelling best practice in teaching, implementation of curriculum (Years 7-12), monitoring student achievement and effectiveness of teachers, dealing with all operational, budgeting and record keeping requirements and ensuring fair and effective assessment procedures.
- Provide active leadership for all those involved in teaching or supporting the HSIE Faculty. This will include mentoring, collaborating and the sharing of information so that staff motivation is at an optimum level to encourage continuous improvement in the quality of learning and teaching.
- Create effective teams by inspiring and motivating students and staff. Be a positive role model for other staff and students by taking responsibility for the continuous improvement of the team within the context of the College.
- Provide active leadership in contemporary learning practices that enhance student achievement and performance across all English courses. Capacity to lead the ongoing development of differentiated pedagogy, authentic learning and assessment which is informed by evidenced-based approaches and the skilled use of data.
More specifically, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Exhibit successful teaching experience in Geography and either Business Studies or Legal Studies
- Work collaboratively within a team to contribute in the further development of the Faculty
- Contribute to an innovative educational direction that exists within the College
- Drive academic improvement in the subject areas leading up to the HSC
- Support and enable staff members to achieve their best potential
- comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and assessment
- Initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Implement digital literacy with regard to application of pedagogy
- well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with students, parents and staff
- Be skilled in the planning and management of Faculty resources
- Present appropriate tertiary qualifications, including teaching qualifications
NESA accreditation and a current WWCC approval number is required.
Current First Aid qualification (including CPR and Anaphylaxis Training) required.
Applicants must be committed Christians with an active involvement in a local church.
Applicants should register their interest by submitting a cover letter to the Headmaster, outlining their motivation and experience; resume; completed Teacher Application Form (found on our College website – http://macc.nsw.edu.au/welcome/employment/) and certified copies of qualifications.
How to apply
CV’s and a College application form available below should be submitted via email to email@example.com