Jobs at MACC
As MACC grows in student numbers, our College staff will continue to increase.
If you are interested in being a part of our dedicated staff team, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any positions currently available will be advertised below.
English Coordinator (7-12) ǀ Full Time
Commencing Term 1 2018
The College is seeking to appoint an energetic and collaborative professional to lead the English Faculty into its next phase of development, in relation to curriculum initiatives, and the learning and teaching process. Suitably qualified professionals who have the proven capacity to motivate and mentor others as well as experience leading a Faculty, are invited to apply. The ideal applicant will have a dynamic proactive approach to teaching, immersion into College life, enthusiasm for teaching young people, with experience in the subject area to the HSC level.
MACC is an innovative College and as such encourages initiatives and implementation of new programs. This position reports to the Head of Secondary and commences at the start of Term 1, 2018.
Key Selection Criteria
- Lead and manage the English Faculty including, modelling best practice in English teaching, implementation of curriculum (Years 7-12), monitoring achievement of students and effectiveness of teachers, dealing with all operational, budgeting and record keeping requirements and ensuring fair and effective assessment procedures.
- Provide active leadership for all those involved in teaching or supporting the English Faculty. This will include mentoring, collaborating and the sharing of information so that staff motivation is at an optimum level to encourage continuous improvement in the quality of learning and teaching.
- Create effective teams by inspiring and motivating students and staff. Be a positive role model for other staff and students by taking responsibility for the continuous improvement of the team within the context of the College.
- Provide active leadership in contemporary learning practices that enhance student achievement and performance across all English courses. Capacity to lead the ongoing development of differentiated pedagogy, authentic learning and assessment which is informed by evidenced-based approaches and the skilled use of data.
More specifically, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Exhibit successful teaching experience and teach HSC English as well as the Extension Courses
- Drive academic improvement in the area of literacy from Year 7-12
- Work collaboratively within a team to lead in the further development of the English Faculty
- Contribute to an innovative educational direction that exists within the College
- Support and enable staff members to achieve their best potential
- Drive academic programs and results in all areas leading up to the HSC
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the curriculum and assessment
- Initiate improvement in teaching, learning and classroom practice
- Demonstrate well developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and engage with students, parents and staff
NESA accreditation and a current WWCC approval number is required.
Applicants must be committed Christians with an active involvement in a local church.
Applicants should register their interest by submitting a cover letter to the Headmaster, outlining their motivation and experience; resume; completed Teacher Application Form (found below) and certified copies of qualifications.
How to apply
CV’s and a College application form available below should be submitted via email to email@example.com